The composition of vertical centrifugal pump
The basic structure of vertical pipeline centrifugal pump is composed of six parts: impeller, pump body, pump shaft, bearing, sealing ring and stuffing box.
1.The impeller is the core part of the centrifugal pump. It has a high speed and a large output. The blades on the impeller play a major role. The impeller must pass a static balance test before assembly. The inner and outer surfaces on the impeller are required to be smooth to reduce the frictional loss of the water flow.
2. The pump body is also called the pump casing, which is the main body of the pump. It plays the role of supporting and fixing, and is connected with the bracket on which the bearing is installed.
3. The function of the pump shaft is to connect the motor with the coupling and transmit the torque of the motor to the impeller, so it is the main component for transmitting mechanical energy.
4. The bearing is a component that is sleeved on the pump shaft to support the pump shaft. There are two kinds of rolling bearings and sliding bearings. Rolling bearings use tallow as a lubricant to refuel, generally 2/3 to 3/4 of the volume is too much, it will heat up, too little and it will make noise and heat! Sliding bearings use transparent oil as lubricant, add oil to the oil level line. Too much oil will seep along the pump shaft and float away, too little bearing will overheat and burn out and cause an accident! During the operation of the pump, the temperature of the bearing is up to 85 degrees and generally runs at about 60 degrees. If it is too high, find the reason (whether there are impurities, whether the oil is black, whether it has entered water) and deal with it in time!
5. The sealing ring is also called the leakage reducing ring. If the gap between the impeller inlet and the pump casing is too large, the water in the high pressure area in the pump will flow to the low pressure area through this gap, which will affect the water output of the pump and reduce the efficiency! If the clearance is too small, the friction between the impeller and the pump casing will cause wear. In order to increase the backflow resistance, reduce internal leakage, and delay the service life of the impeller and the pump casing, a sealing ring is installed at the joint between the inner edge of the pump casing and the impeller external aid, and the sealing gap should be kept between 0.25 and 1.10mm.
6. The stuffing box is mainly composed of packing, water sealing ring, packing cylinder, packing gland and water sealing tube. The function of the stuffing box is mainly to close the gap between the pump casing and the pump shaft, so that the water flow in the pump does not flow to the outside and the outside air does not enter the pump. Always maintain a vacuum inside the pump! When the friction between the pump shaft and the packing generates heat, it is necessary to rely on the water seal tube to hold the water into the water seal ring to cool the packing! Keep the pump running properly. Therefore, special attention should be paid to the inspection of the stuffing box during the circuit inspection process of the pump! The packing should be replaced after about 600 hours of operation.
Vertical Centrifugal Pump Working Principle
The mechanical energy of the Vertical Centrifugal Pump prime mover is transferred to the liquid by the action of the rotating impeller on the liquid. Due to the action of the Vertical Centrifugal Pump, when the liquid flows from the inlet to the outlet of the impeller, its velocity energy and pressure energy are increased. The liquid discharged by the impeller passes through the pressure chamber, and most of the velocity energy can be converted into pressure energy, and then transported along the discharge pipeline. At this time, a vacuum or low pressure is formed at the inlet of the impeller due to the discharge of the liquid, and the liquid in the suction pool is pressed into the inlet of the impeller under the action of the liquid surface pressure/atmospheric pressure, so the rotating impeller is continuously Aspirating and expelling fluids.
Installation of Vertical Centrifugal Pump
The key to the installation technology of vertical pipeline centrifugal pump is to determine the installation height of the centrifugal pump, that is, the suction head. This height refers to the vertical distance from the water source surface to the centerline of the centrifugal pump impeller. It cannot be confused with the allowable vacuum suction height. The allowable vacuum suction height marked on the pump product manual or nameplate refers to the vacuum value on the water inlet section of the pump, and is measured by testing under 1 standard atmospheric pressure and 20 ℃ water temperature. It does not consider the water flow condition after the supporting of the suction pipe.
The installation height of the water pump should be the value that is left after the allowable suction vacuum height deducts the loss head of the suction pipe. It should overcome the actual terrain suction height. The installation height of the pump shall not exceed the calculated value, otherwise, the centrifugal pump will not be able to pump water. In addition, the calculation value is affected by the resistance loss head of the suction pipe. Therefore, the shortest pipeline layout should be adopted, and elbows and other accessories should be installed as little as possible. It can also be considered to properly equip larger caliber water pipes to reduce the flow rate in the pipe.
It should be pointed out that when the elevation and water temperature of the installation site of the vertical pipeline centrifugal pump are different from the test conditions, if the local elevation is more than 300 meters or the water temperature being pumped is more than 20 ℃, the calculated value should be corrected. That is, the atmospheric pressure at different altitudes and the saturated steam pressure when the water temperature is higher than 20 ℃. However, when the water temperature is below 20 ℃, the saturated steam pressure can be ignored.
In terms of pipe installation technology, the suction pipe shall be strictly sealed, and shall not leak air or water. Otherwise, the vacuum at the inlet of the centrifugal pump will be damaged, and the water output of the centrifugal pump will be reduced. In serious cases, water can not even be pumped. Therefore, it is necessary to do a good job in the pipeline interface work to ensure the construction quality of pipeline connection.
Vertical Centrifugal Pump Products
CDL16 CDL/CDLF Vertical Stainless Steel Multistage Centrifugal Pump
CDLF150 CDL/CDLF Vertical Stainless Steel Multistage Centrifugal Pump
CDL/CDLF Vertical Stainless Steel Multistage Centrifugal Pump
Vertical Centrifugal Pump Manufacturer
Why choose SHOUFEI as your supplier and service provider of Vertical Centrifugal Pumps?
One of the largest and oldest Vertical Centrifugal Pumps in China, with a partnership of more than 20 years
Experienced and knowledgeable employees across China are ready to assist you with your enquiries
Skilled service technicians can maximize the performance of your vertical multi-stage pump on site or in our most advanced workshop
An engineering and design team highly accustomed to completing multi-stage pump system